Saturday, April 25, 2015

Patience Grasshopper




     Yesterday I felt like Mount Saint Dossier had finally been conquered. I even allowed myself the luxury of sighing heartily while wiping my brow thinking "Whew! That was one heck of a journey! Soooo glad it's over with!"

     In my euphoric glee I e-mailed my placing agency to tell them that I received an e-mail that we had USCIS approval and that this coveted letter complete with shiny gold seal would be on the way to them soon. I checked my inbox hoping to get accolades and news about the next step....

BUT (insert record screech sound effect here)

     Apparently we need a home study addendum listing our boys specific special needs exactly as worded in the attached paragraph and something about an article or supplement 3 needing to be sent back to USCIS.

What?! Nooooo!!!

     There had to be some sort of mistake here. The placing agency had carefully reviewed my home study and approved it and USCIS had approved it as well but the Bulgarian side of the equation did not approve.

     It kind of felt to me like when you put money into a vending machine and enter in the correct code waiting expectantly for your bag of potato chips. Then they get stuck in the machine. You see them there but no amount of cursing and fist pounding on that machine is getting them to drop down into the dispenser tray. But... They're right there! You can almost taste them!


     My inner 2 year old is crying out in indignation because "I want them NOW!"

     I will do what is necessary and jump through more bureaucratic hoops and change wording for this and that. It is what is required and the grown up me understands these requirements are there for a reason.

     Somewhere very far away two little guys are waiting because of wording on a page. Both of their birthdays are next month. I can almost feel their little hands in mine and imagine them tucked into their beds. So to me the wording in a document seems trivial as more precious days of their lives tick away waiting and waiting...

All in God's perfect timing says my steadfast husband.
God give me grace because I want them home NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment